Jumbo Bag Away – The Affordable Alternative to Skips
Everyone here at Stone Zone, take our role as one of the UK's largest garden and landscaping supplier very seriously. We want to provide a complete service, from start to finish, which is why we supply everything from garden supplies to decorative features, maintenance products and tools - everything you could need to create your dream garden. With that in mind, we started our Jumbo Bag Away service. The Jumbo Bag Away Service will remove and dispose of your garden and landscaping waste and dispose of it for you. We started this service to help our customers save precious time and money as there's now one less thing to worry about.
Our Jumbo Bag Away Service is a cost-effective alternative to a skip, and we can ensure that over 80% of the waste that is collected gets recycled. Our Jumbo Bags are able to carry 1 metric tonne or 0.3m³ of waste. To make life even easier, with your permission, we can collect your filled jumbo bag from your garden even if you're not home. To do this, you need to make sure that the bags are left in an accessible area. By booking a Bag Away service you are taking away all the faf of having to carry multiple bags of garbage to the tip by yourselves.
Why use a Jumbo Bag Away?
- Collection within 5 working days
- 1 metric tonne capacity
- Collection if you’re not there
- Cheaper than a skip
- Over 80% of waste recycled
Jumbo Bag Away, Plaster Board Waste Collection
Ideal for Landscapers and Builders who are undertaking larger refurbishment projects that require dismantling walling and flooring, the Plaster Board Waste Collection will be perfect for getting rid of the large piles of plasterboards that are bound to accumulate. We will collect and dispose of all the plasterboards and do all the legwork for you!
You need to ensure that you fill the bag with plater boards ONLY as they are treated differently from other waste materials. Please make sure that there are no other materials within the bulk bag before collection.
What Happens to the Plaster Board Waste?
Here at Stone Zone, we want to ensure that all materials are disposed of safely and responsibly and plasterboards are no exception. As we mentioned before, we must be extra careful not to mix plasterboards with other types of materials as that can be hazardous.
Plasterboards contain a substance called gypsum, which although not hazardous on its own, can be so when mixed with certain biodegradable materials. Mixing these substances together causes hydrogen sulphide gas to be created which is toxic for all of us. This has resulted in laws being put into place for plasterboards to be disposed of completely separately in a landfill that does not deal with biodegradable waste.
We are always working to ensure that we are as environmentally cautious as possible, and that is why we have taken steps to ensure that our plasterboards are 100% recycled and reused, leaving essentially no waste.
So once the plasterboards have been collected, they are delivered to a treatment centre. This treatment centre has cutting-edge technology that separates the gypsum and the paper. Once separated the gypsum is treated and reused on new plasterboards; whereas the paper gets reused in animal bedding. Any stray solid materials are properly disposed of.
Other Jumbo Bag Away Waste Collection Services
Plaster Boards are not the only material we dispose of. Our Jumbo Bag Away Service offers 5 other collection services ranging from natural materials to manufactured ones, ensuring that we offer a service for any type of waste that needs disposal (prices may vary).
Alongside Plaster Boards, we also dispose of:
Green Waste – For any materials that are natural or from plants. This category includes items such as trees, leaves, grass, turf, hedge cuttings and more. As mentioned earlier, any natural materials fall into this category no matter how big or small.
Clay or Chalk Waste – We can also collect and get rid of any type of clay and chalk. Do keep in mind that on many occasions some gardens have soil that contains high amounts of clay in them; this clay being present results in the Inert Bag Away being unable to dispose of the waste, therefore we have created a bespoke service solely for getting rid of clay and chalk waste.
Mixed Waste – As made obvious by the name, the Mixed Waste service is useful for those who are doing a massive clean-out of their house and are looking to throw away old items and furniture. Within this category, you can get rid of things such as wood, metals, and plastic, meaning any large equipment you have (i.e., bathtubs, shelves, etc.) the Mixed Waste Bag Away Service can dispose of them for you.
Inert Waste - Ideal for Landscaping materials. If you are planning on renovating your garden and outdoor space, Inert Waste Grab Away will be a handy service as it can dispose of Soil, Sand, Hardcore, Tarmac, and Brick rubble (turf is classed as green waste).
Waste we Don’t Collect
- Electrical Appliances (fridges, microwaves, batteries)
- Toxic Substances (pesticides, asbestos, paint tins)
- Sharp/Hazardous Materials (knives, gas bottles)
If there is any waste you are unsure of, please call our friendly customer advisors on 01202 874207.
How to use our Jumbo Bag Away
- To begin with, order as many bulk bags as you you'll need when completing your project, either online, in-store or over the phone. If you want to be even more efficient with your waste disposal, you can also reuse our standard bulk bags from previous purchases, just be aware that there aren't any tears and holes.
- Place the bag in an area that our drivers can easily reach with their HIAB lorries. Keep in mind that the bag needs to be within 4 metres of a public road. Before booking your service. please do a thorough inspection of your surroundings and ensure there aren't any blocks and obstructions close to your property, this includes objects like overhead wires, trees, etc. The roadway must be at least 3 meters wide to be able big enough to enable the HIAB to have enough space to grab your bags.
- To use the bag, start by folding down the four corners of the Jumbo Bag (this will give it a stable structure). Now you can begin filling the bag with your waste. We'd recommend keeping the bag where you want it to be picked up so you don't have to move a full bag later on.
- Please keep in mind: The Jumbo Bag CANNOT be used to dispose of electrical items, toxic substances or sharp, hazardous materials. Under environmental laws, these include fridges, freezers, tyres, car batteries, pesticides, asbestos, paint tins and gas bottles. In case you are unaware of the legality of any of your waste material please call us for advice.
- As we have stated above, we strongly suggest that you do not try moving the bags after you've started filling them with your waste as you may accidentally damage the bag or hurt yourself. When your Jumbo Bag is ready for collection, please select the appropriate waste collection option on our website and indicate the quantity of bags. You can also call 01202 874207.
- Request a collection date for your bag and we will contact you with the confirmed date. Otherwise, we aim to collect the bag within 5 working days, you don't need to be present for this.
Our Jumbo Bag Away is a local service, however, if your postcode falls out of our local area, we can still process this with an out-of-area fee.
For larger loads of waste, please take a look at our great value Muckaway Options.
Free Local Postcodes
Buy With Confidence
- Our Jumbo Bag Away Service can be booked online by selecting the relevant waste collection type
- Our Customer Advisors will be in touch shortly to ask questions about your waste and access issues, the collection date can then be arranged
- Our Jumbo Bags will be collected by a hiab lorry (the same that would be used to lift the stone onto your garden)
- Please note that this is a local service only, double-check the eligible postcodes above
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Related Blog Article
Jumbo Bag Away – Let us do the dirty work
If you want a waste disposal option that will save you a trip to the tip and is che …
Jumbo Bag Away Green Waste Collection
Jumbo Bag Away Inert Waste Collection