Jumbo Bag Away – The Affordable Alternative to Skips
At Stone Zone, we take great pride in being one of the country’s biggest garden and landscaping suppliers. Our aim is to ensure that we offer our customers a full service, and that is why alongside supplying all the tools and materials you need to refurbish your garden, we also provide a waste removal service for those who need to get rid of a large amount of waste disposed of in a reliable and efficient manner. We created this service to help our customers save their time and money and remove any hassle while focusing on their gardens.
Stone Zone’s Jumbo Bag Away Service is an affordable alternative to a skip and we guarantee that over 80% of the collected waste is recycled. Our Jumbo Bags have the capacity to hold roughly 1 metric tonne or 0.3m³ of a level load. Furthermore, we are even able to collect the filled jumbo bag from your property even if you’re not present; all you need to do is ensure that the bags are left in an accessible space). Our Jumbo Bag Away service endeavours to remove the stress and effort of leaving your garbage in your garden and transporting it to the tip.
Why use a Jumbo Bag Away?
- Collection within 5 working days
- 1 metric tonne capacity
- Collection if you’re not there
- Cheaper than a skip
- Over 80% of waste recycled
Jumbo Bag Away, Inert Waste Collection
If you are doing extensive work in and around your property or you are a professional landscaper completing large projects, you will definitely accumulate a big pile of building and landscaping scraps. With our Jumbo Bag Away service, you can leave all the hard work to us!
The inert garden waste consists of anything that has not undergone any physical, chemical, or biological transformations. This means materials such as soil, and sand brick rubble can all be removed by our Inert Waste collection.
We can remove:
- Brick rubble (turf is classed as green waste). A level load will weigh approx. 1 metric tonne.
What Happens to the Inert Waste?
Here at Stone Zone, we want to encourage everyone to be more conscious of the environment. One of the most effective ways of doing that is by recycling and reusing old materials – this means we are creating less waste and contributing to a greener planet. That is why our Jumbo Bag Away service is so important – we ensure that every waste bag we collect is disposed of responsibly.
Once we have collected your bulk bags filled with Inert waste, we take them directly to a recycling centre. Once there, all the materials are separated into hardcore and soil.
The hardcore is crushed and reused as 6S5 stone or Limestone Type 1. Which can then be used as Landscaping aggregates in numerous projects.
The soil is screened to 10-20mm which then makes it appropriate for being used in gardening and landscaping products. This recycled soil often has PAS100 and garden waste to create our best-selling BS3882 Soil.
Other Jumbo Bag Away Waste Collection Services
You will be pleased to note that our Jumbo Bag Away Service extends farther than just Inert Waste collection. At Stone Zone, we provide 5 different waste collection services in total (prices may vary).
Alongside Inert, we also dispose of:
Green Waste – For materials that are derived naturally and from plants. Items such as trees, leaves, grass, turf, and hedge cuttings are some that fall in this category.
Clay or Chalk Waste – We are able to collect and dispose of any time of clay and chalk. Please note that often times some gardens have soil that contains a high percentage of clay in them; this clay content means that the Inert waste service cannot dispose of it, and so we have created a bespoke service solely for getting rid of clay and chalk waste.
Mixed Waste – As the name suggests, the Mixed Waste service is ideal for those who are doing a massive clean-out of their house and are looking to throw away old items and furniture. Within this category, you can get rid of things such as wood, metals, and plastic, meaning any large equipment you have (i.e., bathtubs, shelves, etc.) the Mixed Waste Bag Away Service can dispose of them for you.
Plaster Board Waste – This service is great for builders and DIY enthusiasts that are constantly refurbishing their property and are doing big projects that require breaking down walls made of plasterboards. Please make sure that there is nothing except plasterboard in this collection.
Waste we Don’t Collect
- Electrical Appliances (fridges, microwaves, batteries)
- Toxic Substances (pesticides, asbestos, paint tins)
- Sharp/Hazardous Materials (knives, gas bottles)
If there is any waste you are unsure of, please call our friendly customer advisors on 01202 874207.
How to use our Jumbo Bag Away
- Firstly, buy the amount of bulk bags you think you will need to complete the project, either online, in-store or over the phone. To be even more environmentally friendly you can also reuse our standard bulk bags, just make sure there aren't any tears and holes.
- Place the bag in an area that will be easily accessible to our drivers and their HIAB lorries. Make sure to keep the bag within 4 metres of a public road. Please make sure that aren't any blocks and obstructions nearby, this means things like overhead wires, trees, etc. The roadway must be at least 3 meters wide to be able big enough to enable the HIAB to have enough space to grab your bags.
- To use the bag, start by folding down the four corners of the Jumbo Bag (this will give it a stable structure). Now you can begin filling the bag with your waste. We'd recommend keeping the bag where you want it to be picked up so you don't have to move a full bag later on.
- Please remember: The Jumbo Bag CANNOT be used to dispose of electrical items, toxic substances or sharp, hazardous materials. Under environmental laws, these include fridges, freezers, tyres, car batteries, pesticides, asbestos, paint tins and gas bottles. In case you are unaware of the legality of any of your waste material please call us for advice.
- As mentioned before, we strongly advise that you do not try moving the bags after you've started dumping things in them as you risk damaging the bag and injuring yourself. When your Jumbo Bag is ready for collection, please select the appropriate waste collection option on our website and indicate the quantity of bags. You can also call 01202 874207.
- Request a collection date for your bag and we will contact you with the confirmed date. Otherwise, we aim to collect the bag within 5 working days, you don't need to be present for this.
Our Jumbo Bag Away is a local service, however, if your postcode falls out of our local area, we can still process this with an out-of-area fee.
For larger loads of waste, please take a look at our great value Muckaway Options.
Free Local Postcodes
Buy With Confidence
- Our Jumbo Bag Away Service can be booked online by selecting the relevant waste collection type
- Our Customer Advisors will be in touch shortly to ask questions about your waste and access issues, the collection date can then be arranged
- Our Jumbo Bags will be collected by a hiab lorry (the same that would be used to lift the stone onto your garden)
- Please note that this is a local service only, double-check the eligible postcodes above
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Related Blog Article
Jumbo Bag Away – Let us do the dirty work
If you want a waste disposal option that will save you a trip to the tip and is che …