Jumbo Bag Away - The Cheap Skip Alternative
As one of the UK’s largest garden and landscape suppliers, here at the Stone Zone, we believe in offering the full service. As well as supplying all the products you need to transform your dream garden into a reality, we also offer friendly and reliable services to help those that are wanting all types of garden and household waste to be removed – saving you time and money!
Our Jumbo Bag Away Service is usually cheaper than a skip , and recycles over 80% of waste collected. The capacity of our Jumbo Bags are approximately 1 metric tonne or 0.3m3 of a level load. Plus, we can collect the filled jumbo bag if you’re not home (provided it has been left in a safe, accessible space). This saves you time, money and stress of putting it in your garden and taking it to the tip!
Why use a Jumbo Bag Away?
- Collection within 5 working days
- 1 metric tonne capacity
- Collection if you’re not there
- Cheaper than a skip
- Over 80% of waste recycled
Jumbo Bag Away, Green Waste Collection
Are you having a big garden clear out? Or maybe you’re just tidying up your grass, shrubs and trees ready for the Summer. With our Green Jumbo Bag Away service, garden waste collection is a breeze!
Green garden waste in classified as anything that has come from a natural plant in your garden. This can include a variety of things such as twigs from trees, old leaves from trees, hedge cuttings, any un-used rolls of Turf and any freshly-cut grass.
Examples of Green Garden Waste:
- Hedge cuttings
What Happens to the Green Waste?
As we are all becoming more conscious of the environment, and what happens to our waste, we want to reassure customers that all of our collected household or garden waste is always disposed of in a sensible and ethical way.
Our Green Waste is always 100% recycled. This gets taken to a Compost/Soil centre, where it will be added to other recycled green waste that is in the process of decomposing, which will one day turn into Compost.
This is what creates our Green PAS100 Compost, which is what then gets mixed to create our Multi-Purpose Compost. PAS100 is a certification set by the British Standards Institution to recognise top quality compost that contains biodegradable materials only, with no hazardous materials.
Other Jumbo Bag Away Waste Collection Services
Our Jumbo Bag Away Service doesn’t just stop at Green Waste collection! We offer five different waste collection categories in total (prices will vary).
Inert Waste is another collection service we offer; this category includes Soil, Sand, Hardcore, Tarmac and Rubble. This waste collection service is great for Landscapers that have finished a large project and have used lots of different types of Aggregates.
We can collect any type of clay or chalk. Sometimes customers have soil in their garden that has a very high clay or chalk content; if this is the case, we are unable to collect it within the Inert Waste category. Please ask your gardener or landscaper if you are unsure.
Our Mixed Waste Collection is more designed for those people that are having a house clear out and are getting rid of old equipment and furniture. The Mixed Waste Jumbo Bag Away includes wood, metal and plastic, so is great for things like bath tubs, old table and chairs and metal equipment like wheelbarrows.
Lastly, we offer a Plasterboard Waste Collection. This is great for builders or DIYers that are renovating their house and have knocked down a wall within their home that is predominantly made from plasterboard. There must be nothing except plasterboard within this waste collection.
Waste we Don’t Collect
- Electrical Appliances (fridges, microwaves, batteries)
- Toxic Substances (pesticides, asbestos, paint tins)
- Sharp/Hazardous Materials (knives, gas bottles)
If there is any waste you are unsure of, please call our friendly customers advisors on 01202 874207.
How to use our Jumbo Bag Away
- Purchase the necessary number of Jumbo Bags either online, in-store or over the phone. You can also re-use of our standard bulk bags (provided there are no tears).
- Place the bag where our drivers will be able to access it with their hiab. It must be situated within four metres (13 feet) of a public road. Ensure that there are no potential obstructions nearby, such as overhead wires, parked vehicles, trees etc. The roadway must be a minimum of 3 metres (10 feet) wide to enable the collection lorry to gain access to the bag.
- To use, simply fold down the four corners of the Jumbo Bag (this will give it a sturdier structure). You can then start to fill the bag with your waste.
- Please note: The Jumbo Bag must not be used for the disposal of electrical items, toxic substances or sharp, hazardous materials. Under environmental laws these include fridges, freezers, tyres, car batteries, pesticides, asbestos, paint tins and gas bottles. If you are unsure about the legality of any of your waste material please call us for advice.
- We strongly advise that you do not move the bags once you have begun filling them as you risk damaging the bag and injuring yourself. When your Jumbo Bag is ready for collection, select the relevant waste collection option on our website and indicate the quantity of bags. You can also call 01202 874207.
- Request a collection date for your bag and we will contact you with the confirmed date. Otherwise we aim to collect the bag within 5 working days, you don't need to be present for this.
Our Jumbo Bag Away is a local service, however, if your postcode falls out of our local area, we can still process this with an out-of-area fee.
For larger loads of waste, please take a look at our great value Muckaway Options.
Free Local Postcodes
Buy With Confidence
- Our Jumbo Bag Away Service can be booked online by selecting the relevant waste collection type
- Our Customer Advisors will be in touch shortly to ask questions about your waste and access issues, the collection date can then be arranged
- Our Jumbo Bags will be collected by a hiab lorry (the same that would be used to lift the stone onto your garden)
- Please note that this is a local service only, double check the eligible postcodes above
A Service You Can Rely On
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Jumbo Bag Away Inert Waste Collection