Jumbo Bag Away - The Cheap Skip Alternative
Here at Stone Zone & Landscaping Supplies, we don't just supply the gardening and landscaping products; we also help our customers with any associated household or garden waste that might need collecting! We have offered this friendly and reliable service for many years, which lots of customers use to at the same time as having their landscaping supplies delivered.
Our Jumbo Bag Away Service is much better value than a skip, and recycles over 80% of waste collected. The capacity of our Jumbo Bags are approximately 1 metric tonne or 0.3m3 of a level load. Another benefit is that we can collect the filled jumbo bag when you're not on site (provided it has been left in a safe, accessible space). This saves you the hassle, time and money of storing it in your garden and taking it to the tip!
Why use a Jumbo Bag Away?
- Collection within 5 working days
- 1 metric tonne capacity
- Collection if you’re not there
- Cheaper than a skip
- Over 80% of waste recycled
Jumbo Bag Away, Mixed Waste Collection
For those customers that are re-decorating their house, or maybe just having a huge clear out of another property; this would be the best waste collection category for you. There can of course, be a mixture of household and garden waste, it just can't contain any materials that are listed within other waste categories.
Also referred to as an Active Waste Collection, this category can be selected if you have a mixture of waste which includes old wood, such as old furniture or used pallets, various metals that don't contain any sort of chemical or harmful substances, household plastics that might also be used furniture or non-electrical toys and roofing materials.
Examples of Active Household & Waste:
- Roofing Materials
What Happens to the Mixed Waste?
We are very proud to say that on average, over 80% of our waste is able to be recycled one way or another. We are becoming increasingly aware of the impact we as human beings are having on the planet, and we want to ensure we are doing all we can to dispose of household and garden waste economically.
Our Active Waste Jumbo Bag Away is an example of waste that is very difficult to recycle; due to the nature of the materials. Any plastics that have been collected will go to a local landfill site, where they will either get incinerated or may be taken to a recycling plant to be recycled into non-virgin plastic, depending on the condition and type of plastic it is.
Wood waste may be transferred to be recycled as shredded wood waste, which can then be used to make animal bedding and supplied to farms. Again, this depends on the wood type and condition, if this is unsuitable for recycling it will also get taken to a local landfill site to be incinerated.
If you have recycled lots of tin, whether it's in large quantities from a roof or in small quantities, this should get separated at the landfill plant by a magnet, ensuring these materials are then taken to a recycling plant. The same applies for other metal materials such as aluminium.
Other Jumbo Bag Away Waste Collection Services
Did you know? We offer five different waste collection categories for you to choose from! If this mixed waste category doesn't seem like the right one for you, take a look at the other options we offer below (prices will vary).
Our Green Waste Collection is the most environmentally-friendly waste collection category we offer. This is for all kinds of gardening-related waste, which includes grass cuttings, hedge trimmings, un-used grass turf rolls, leaves and twigs. This makes it perfect for those having a big garden refresh.
Inert Waste Collection is another waste category that is very popular amongst Landscapers that have various sub-base waste they need removing from a customer's garden; this can be any form of Aggregates and is especially useful for Crushed Concrete or Hardcore. This waste type includes Soil, Sand, Hardcore, Tarmac and Rubble.
Whether you're a DIYer, Gardener or Landscaper, our Clay or Chalk Jumbo Bag Away will come in handy for those of you who are digging up a large amount of soil mounds which contain a large amount of clay or chalk, which cannot be taken away with a simple inert waste collection.
Lastly, we offer a Plasterboard Waste Collection. This is great for those of you who are renovating their homes and potentially knocking walls down. This is a completely separate waste collection category as plasterboard waste must be disposed of responsibly.
Waste we Don’t Collect
- Electrical Appliances (fridges, microwaves, batteries)
- Toxic Substances (pesticides, asbestos, paint tins)
- Sharp/Hazardous Materials (knives, gas bottles)
If there is any waste you are unsure of, please call our friendly customers advisors on 01202 874207.
How to use our Jumbo Bag Away
- Purchase the necessary number of Jumbo Bags either online, in-store or over the phone. You can also re-use of our standard bulk bags (provided there are no tears).
- Place the bag where our drivers will be able to access it with their hiab. It must be situated within four metres (13 feet) of a public road. Ensure that there are no potential obstructions nearby, such as overhead wires, parked vehicles, trees etc. The roadway must be a minimum of 3 metres (10 feet) wide to enable the collection lorry to gain access to the bag.
- To use, simply fold down the four corners of the Jumbo Bag (this will give it a sturdier structure). You can then start to fill the bag with your waste.
- Please note: The Jumbo Bag must not be used for the disposal of electrical items, toxic substances or sharp, hazardous materials. Under environmental laws these include fridges, freezers, tyres, car batteries, pesticides, asbestos, paint tins and gas bottles. If you are unsure about the legality of any of your waste material please call us for advice.
- We strongly advise that you do not move the bags once you have begun filling them as you risk damaging the bag and injuring yourself. When your Jumbo Bag is ready for collection, select the relevant waste collection option on our website and indicate the quantity of bags. You can also call 01202 874207.
- Request a collection date for your bag and we will contact you with the confirmed date. Otherwise we aim to collect the bag within 5 working days, you don't need to be present for this.
Our Jumbo Bag Away is a local service, however, if your postcode falls out of our local area, we can still process this with an out-of-area fee.
For larger loads of waste, please take a look at our great value Muckaway Options.
Buy With Confidence
- Our Jumbo Bag Away Service can be booked online by selecting the relevant waste collection type
- Our Customer Advisors will be in touch shortly to ask questions about your waste and access issues, the collection date can then be arranged
- Our Jumbo Bags will be collected by a hiab lorry (the same that would be used to lift the stone onto your garden)
- Please note that this is a local service only, double check the eligible postcodes above
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Related Blog Article
Jumbo Bag Away – Let us do the dirty work
If you want a waste disposal option that will save you a trip to the tip and is che …
Jumbo Bag Away Inert Waste Collection
Jumbo Bag Away Plaster Board Waste Collection