Want to spread the cost? Check out our Finance Options here!
Our highly porous Crushed Tarmac is the perfect material for tracks, driveway bases, stable hardstanding, and road surface dressing. If you want to build a sturdy driveway and parking area at the forefront of your house, Landscapers will use Crushed Tarmac to create a sturdy, hard layer.
What is Crushed Tarmac?
Crushed Tarmac is an aggregate derived from a cold milling machine. This milling machine gets rid of the surface layer of a paved area such as a road or pavement. The waste that remains after is moved into a lorry as road planings. This Crushed Tarmac is perfect for projects where functionality and strength take precedence over visual appeal. For the most part, Crushed Tarmac is a very affordable material and does not require any maintenance.
Where to Use Crushed Tarmac
As we mentioned above, Crushed Tarmac is very adaptable and can be used in a wide range of Landscaping situations. That being said, this aggregate is mostly used for areas like driveways, roads, building sub-bases, hard-standings, farm tracks and more. As you can tell by the examples given, Crushed Tarmac is the most appropriate for surfaces that need sturdy and will see a lot of footfall and traffic.
Areas that are more focused on utility and durability rather than looking aesthetically pleasing, are the areas where Crushed Tarmac is more commonly used. For example, in corporate parking lots or even a home driveway that is busy, you would rather have a surface that is long-lasting and stable rather than something more decorative, which is when Crushed Tarmac will come in handy.
Road Construction and Maintenance: Crushed tarmac is often used as an aggregate in the construction and maintenance of roads. It can be mixed with other materials, such as gravel and sand to create asphalt for road surfaces.
Driveways and Parking Lots: Crushed tarmac is a popular choice for surfacing driveways and parking lots. It provides a durable and cost-effective option for these areas.
Base Material: Crushed tarmac can be used as a base material for constructing roads and pavements. It provides stability and support to the upper layers that can be made of Porcelain Paving, Sandstone or Limestone Paving, Fresh Turf or Artificial Grass.
Fill Material: It is sometimes used as a fill material in construction projects, providing a stable foundation for various structures.
Reclamation: Recycling and reusing crushed tarmac is an environmentally friendly practice. It helps in reducing the demand for new raw materials and promotes sustainability in construction projects.
Trail and Path Construction: Crushed tarmac can be used for the construction of trails, paths, and walkways. It provides a firm and stable surface for pedestrians and cyclists.
Landscaping: In some landscaping projects, crushed tarmac may be used for decorative purposes, providing a textured and visually appealing surface.
Erosion Control: Crushed tarmac can be used in erosion control applications, helping to stabilize soil in areas prone to erosion.
Crushed Tarmac vs. Gravel Paving
1. Cost - As a material, Crushed Tarmac is far more affordable than gravel, therefore if you are having to renovate a large area, the Tarmac will be more cost-effective.
2. Sustainability - Crushed Tarmac millings are definitely more sustainable than gravel due to the fact that it is long-lasting and eco-friendly. Because Tarmac is more durable you are required to refurbish it far less often.
3. Maintenance - Crushed Tarmac requires literally zero maintenance. Therefore for a driveway for a corporate building or a home parking driveway, you don't have to worry about constant upkeeping. Once the paving has been laid, that's the end of the story. On the same note, Tarmac is very easy to install and can be done fairly quickly, which will not only save you time but will also save you money if you outsource it.
4. Weather-Resistant - Finally, if you live in an area with erratic weather, you need not worry about the Tarmac because it can resist all kinds of extreme weather without being damaged, you can lay down the tarmac and not worry about it for many months to come.
How to Buy Crushed Tarmac
850kg bulk bags (approximately 0.6m3)
We can also deliver our soils as loose, tipped loads, as opposed to being in bags. Please call our friendly team on 01202 874207 if you require this service.
PLEASE NOTE: While every effort has been made to ensure our soils and sands are free from contamination; there is always the chance that there may be small pieces of debris present. Please ensure you handle the sand with care when using it.
Buy With Confidence
- Our Crushed Tarmac can be purchased as a bulk bag that contains approximately 850kg
- Please select the bag size you'd like to buy and add it to your basket
- Our aggregates will either arrive on a HIAB lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose a free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Sample Soil is available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.
A Delivery Service Tailored to You
Our top-rated delivery service is reliable and flexible to suit you, however, it can vary depending on where you live. Click here for more information on our delivery service and if your postcode is classed as 'local' or 'national.'
Any questions? Use our live chat to speak to an advisor, alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01202 874207.