Stratacheck Plus Heavy Duty Stabilising & Drainage Membrane
Stratacheck Plus is one of Stone Zone's many builders merchant supplies and is a product that is commercially-approved for Trade customers in particular. This is an essential product for construction workers, commercial landscapers and road workers.
As well as this stabilising and drainage woven geotextile, we have a whole range of weed control membranes too. This includes Weedcheck Membrane, Weedcheck Heavy Duty Membrane, Basecheck Membrane and Stratacheck Plus Membrane.
This woven membrane has been created for two main purposes: stabilising and drainage. For this reason, it makes it great for difficult, commercial areas where these two factors are very important, especially in built up, urban areas.
Stratacheck is a highly specified needle punched thermally bonded membrane with CE certification and conforming with SUDS regulations, making it the ideal lining for soakaways.
This geotextile has been designed to reduce the depth of the sub-base required, saving construction costs and preventing expensive aggregates from being lost into the sub soil.
Stratacheck can also be used directly under turf, preventing the majority of weeds from coming up through the lawn which is usually the case with imported topsoil.
When it comes to stabilising and separation, strength is a vital factor to ensure that subsidence does not occur later on down the line. The membrane needs to have a CBR puncture resistance of minimum 950N up to 1500N, and a dynamic cone drop less than 40mm.
When it comes to drainage, the hole sizes are crucial in this membrane to continuing long term drainage and should be 100 - 150 microns. This will prevent clogging and silting allowing a natural land drain to develop. This type of membrane is the catalyst to develop a natural land drain.
Benefits of Stratacheck Plus
- 40 year guarantee
- Decorative aggregates will not be lost into soil
- Catalyst to build up a natural land drain
- Easy material to work with
- The only type of geotextile recommended for all drainage applications
Suitable Applications of Stratacheck Plus
- All Drainage Applications
- Directly under turf
- Wrapping Soakaway Crates
- Block Paving Driveways
- Horse Manèges
- Paved Drives & Patios
- Children’s Play Areas
- Under Ground Grid
- Under Cellular Confinement
- Temporary protection
- Materials storage
- Attenuation & Water Harvesting - Vehicular
- Land Drains - Vehicular
- Soakaway Crates - Vehicular
- SUD’s Compliant Systems
- Under Block Paving Drives
- Wrapping Drainage Pipe
Stabilising and Sepration Applications
- Aggregate Driveways & Areas - Vehicular
- Cellular Confinement - Vehicular
- Garden Paths - Commercial
- Ground Grid - Pedestrian
- Horse Manège under Top Dressing
- Roads & Car Parking Areas
- Tree Root Protection - Vehicular
Other Suitable Applications
- Children’s Safety Play Areas and Sand Pits
- Temporary Protection to Lawns etc.
- Resin Bound Aggregates
- Rubber Crumb Resin Surfaces
- Sports Pitches / Tennis Courts
- Temporary Paths & Roads
- Materials Storage
25m x 2m roll
50m x 2m roll
100m x 4.5m roll
Stratacheck Plus for Landscapers
Many of our Landscapers use Stratacheck Plus when installing the base of children's play areas in commercial settings. While other woven membranes can be used for this, Stratacheck Plus offers a heavy duty solution to areas that will experience a high amount of use and pedestrian traffic. This offers a stable base that also has good drainage. We sell Certified Play Chip that is commercially-approved for such areas.
When it comes to laying paving slabs or Block Paving, Stratacheck Plus is a great option, again, for public areas or pavements that experience both pedestrian traffic as well as vehicular traffic. Laying this on top of your sub-base of Limestone Type 1 will ensure minimal movement and adequate drainage, whether it's Porcelain Paving or Sandstone Paving.
Lastly, Stratacheck Plus can also be used for Resin Bound Aggregate applications. This is becoming increasingly popular in affluent, built up areas, and requires a sub-base that has very good drainage as well as stability.
Tips for Installing Stratacheck Plus as in Drainage Systems
Stratacheck plus has been specifically designed as a drainage membrane where it has the ability to form a natural land drain.
If being used under road construction , then there must be a minimum of 150mm of compacted Type 1 Limestone to avoid the hot tar damaging Stratacheck Plus.
Stratacheck Plus is strong enough to withstand a heavy vibrating plate, should a sit-on vibrating roller be required then use Stratacheck Supreme or Groundcheck Extra.
Always ensure that when constructing any sort of drainage application that only very clean aggregates are used and that larger aggregate pieces allow faster water flow.
Ensure Stratacheck Plus is covered with a mulch within 24 hours of laying.
|Tensile Strength - MD / CD
|8.0 / 8.0 kN/m
|Elongation - Warp / Weft
|45% / 55%
|Dynamic Cone Drop
|Static Puncture Resist
|Average Mean Pore Size
Buy With Confidence
- Our Stratacheck Plus can be purchased as single rolls in various sizes
- Please select the size roll you require and add to your basket
- Our Weed Membranes will either arrive on a hiab lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Weedcheck Ultra Heavy Duty Weed Control Membrane, All Sizes
Weedcheck Weed Control Membrane, All Sizes