Weedcheck Ultra Heavy Duty Weed Control Membrane
At Stone Zone & Landscaping Supplies, we proudly offer a vast range of high quality garden supplies for our domestic and Trade customers, always at competitive prices.
Weed Membranes are a Landscaper's staple product and can be used for a variety of different applications for one main reason in mind; to prevent weeds coming through and disturbing landscaped gardens, urban drainage systems and many other important factors.
We offer four different kinds of Weed Fabrics which have all been created for different applications in mind; Weedcheck Membrane, Weedcheck Heavy Duty Membrane, Basecheck Membrane and Stratacheck Plus Membrane.
Our two Weed Control Membranes are heavy duty geotextiles that have been purpose-built to prevent as much light as possible from penetrating through the fabric and into the soil below. To be exact, these weed fabrics have a light transmittance of less than 5%, due to the very small hole sizes of less than 35 microns.
Whilst these weed fabrics have been designed to stop light getting through, the small holes still allow for good drainage so you can rest-assured that your soil will still be receiving the air, nutrients and water that it needs to thrive.
The Weedcheck range has been designed to control all rhizome weeds and most bulbs and corns from penetrating from underneath. Some stronger bulbs will still be able to grow around this weed fabric though, depending on how it has been installed.
Weedcheck Ultra Being a heavier, spun bound material of 70GSM, will have additional benefits in that it can be used under pedestrian aggregate paths, domestic patios and artificial grass.
- 25 year guarantee
- A high performance weed control membrane which will stop rhizome growth from underneath.
- No need for chemicals when installing
- Water and feed passes through to the soil below.
- Low maintenance gardening.
- Decorative aggregates will not be lost into soil
Weedcheck Ultra Applications
- Aggregate Areas
- Pedestrian Scree areas
- Flower Beds
- Under Decking with Mulch
- Shrub Beds
- Vegetable Beds
- Fruit & vegetable Protection
- Lining Plant Containers
- Between Crocks and Compost
- Under Artificial Grass
14m x 1m roll
25m x 2m roll
50m x 2m roll
What to use Weed Fabric on
The Weedcheck Ultra in particular, has many different uses, predominantly in domestic gardens.
If you're considering installing a Decorative Stone border in your garden, Weedcheck is a must-have. There's nothing worse than spending the time preparing an area that will hold beautiful garden stones, and then seeing weeds growing through them in the Spring/Summer. By laying Weed Membrane, it will prevent nearly all weeds from poking through and spoiling your lovely border. It also acts as a great stabiliser for your garden stones.
Maybe you're renovating your garden with some modern garden Paving; whether it's Porcelain Paving tiles or Sandstone Paving slabs, Weed Fabric is always a good idea. You would install this just after you have laid your sub-base and, as mentioned before, due to the small holes, it will still maintain good drainage underneath your paving. This will be especially efficient when laying Natural Stone Paving where you might use a porous Jointing Compound such as EasyJoint, which can sometimes have weeds grow through.
When creating an area on your garden with raised beds that you'll use to grow vegetables or plants, Weed Membrane is great to use at the base before you add Topsoil, as it will prevent weeds from growing through and interfering with the growth of your beautiful flowers/fruit and veg. You could also use this on your plant borders by laying it at the base, as well as laying it on top of the soil, and cutting large holes for your flowers or shrubs to grow through, whilst preventing weeds from popping up next to them.
Artificial Grass is another garden feature that is best paired with Weed Control Geotextile. The same applies as when you're laying paving slabs; you would install the Weed Fabric at the time of laying your sub-base, which should still maintain good drainage, just without the weeds poking through the small holes of the Artificial Grass.
Lastly, if you're installing a children's play area either in your garden or within a commercial setting, Weed Check Ultra would be ideal for weed prevention in this area. Before laying a deep layer of Certified Play Chip, you'd add your Weed Membrane which will last for years to come and keep the area looking good and being safe.
How to Install Weedcheck Ultra Membrane
- For Aggregates & Paved areas, cut back all vegetation to ground level, pulling out all vegetation and ensuring the area is clear of sharp objects such as glass or stones which could penetrate the Weedcheck Fabric. If bulbs are present, we recommend removing them at this stage.
- For gardening purposes, prepare your soil by raking it over and removing any visible weeds, you can then add plant feed to the area if desired.
- Roll out the Weedcheck Ultra over the area and weight it down at the edges. Use a spade spit down 150mm vertically and tuck the Weedcheck Ultra into the vertical spit.
- If joins are required, then the recommended an overlap of 100mm. Pins can be used but you can just as easily use mulch to keep in place. Use heavy stones temporarily whilst working.
- Place your plants on top and arrange ready for planting.
- Cut a cross, open up and remove soil. Water and place plant in the hole, firm in and replace the Weedcheck Ultra ensuring that there is no soil left on top of the membrane.
- To ensure the cuts are covered just cut a collar from the Weedcheck Ultra with 1 slit and use to cover the cross cuts.
- Cover the bed with your preferred mulch; approximately 40mm for aggregates and 50/60mm for traditional bark mulch.
- With Artificial Grass, Weedcheck Ultra goes directly under the Artificial grass and on top of the compacted sub-base or sand.
- Ensure Weedcheck Ultra is covered with a mulch within 24 hours of laying.
How to Buy Weedcheck Ultra Membrane
All of our Weed Control Fabrics are available to buy both online, in-store and over the phone.
Buy With Confidence
- Our Weedcheck Ultra can be purchased as a single roll
- Please select the size roll you require and add to your basket
- Our Weed Membranes will either arrive on a hiab lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies