20mm Green Slate
The 20mm Green Slate is one of our more vibrant and unique natural garden stones. They are an excellent choice if you want to create a unique and colourful garden as the bright colour is sure to make a statement. As the name indicates the 20mm Green Slate mostly consists of green stones along with some grey ones. You will notice that they are duskier when they're dry, however, once wet their colours truly bloom and they take on a dark green shade with a glossy effect.
Our 20mm Green Slate has been acquired from North Wales. You will notice that 20mm Green Slate and Slate Rockery in general are different from cobbles and shingles. This is because they are much flatter in shape and slightly larger and angular. At an average size on 20mm, these slates are a great choice for pathways. Our 20mm Green Slate is also free of lime, leading them to be fish-friendly and therefore ideal for a fishpond.
20mm Green Slate for Your Garden
If you are thinking about decorating either your front or back garden, the 20mm Green Slate will brighten up and elevate the area instantly. One design idea, that is favoured by many, is to use Green Slates to create a border around the house. Teamed up with some plants and porcelain paving, these stones will make your garden look more structured and artful. Another way is to use them as a divider, for example, you can use them to create a barrier between your turf and your patio. These natural stones are useful for drainage as well as they are adept at letting water through, so that's one less thing for you to worry about.
To add more of the green accent around your garden, you can use the same green slates to decorate your plant beds. The bright green of these stones, paired with colourful plants and flowers are will make your garden look more seamless and coordinated. These stones will also protect your flowers from the sun and when it's raining heavily, which is always an added bonus.
20mm Green Slate for Your Garden Pond
Green Slate is lime-free, which means they are safe to use in fishponds and gardens frequented by wildlife. The 20mm Green Slate is often bought specifically to be added to a fishpond or garden pond as the bright green colour adds a unique tinge to the pond.
Due to the stones being green, they will add a more natural look to your garden, helping it mesh with your green lawn and making it seem more cohesive.
As well as making your garden pond look more natural, it also adds a pop of colour to make it stand out in your garden. We also have matching Plum Slate Rockery that you could pair your Plum Slate with, to create more of a rockery water feature that will really look the part. Along with the 20mm Green Slate, Stone Zone also supplies 40mm Green Slate, Green Slate Paddlestones, and Rockery, moreover we also have Green Granite chippings in 14 and 20mm which can be paired perfectly with the 20mm green slate to create or decorate around a garden pond.
How to Buy 20mm, Green Slate
You can use our Stone Calculator to work out how much of this stone you need - simply enter the measurements of your garden, the depth at which you want to lay the stone and it will work out how much you need!
Available Pack Sizes
20kg maxi bags
850kg bulk bags
How to Create a Garden Pond
Garden ponds seem to be popping up more frequently in modern gardens. There are many who want to have a quaint, little garden pond in their garden, which can be nicely installed around some of our garden paving slabs. On the other hand, if you want something a little more rustic and natural looking that looks as if it was always a part of your garden, then we have a design guide to create your own garden pond. Read on for a step-by-step guide for this fun DIY project.
1. The first step is to figure out where you want to place your pond. When choosing your spot, there are a few things you need to take into consideration: We think it is best to avoid areas under trees as you will have a constant flow of leaves and debris falling on your pond, leading to constant cleaning up, which we don't want. We think the best place to have a pond is somewhere shaded that gets a little bit of sun, as too much will alter the water temperature.
2. Once you have decided on the placement, your next step is to decide on the size and depth of your garden pond and where you will acquire it from. If you have decided to keep your garden pond on the surface level, your best bet is a plastic pond from your local garden centre. If you decide on this, take your pond and spray paint around it in the area you want the pond to go, this will make life easier when installing it. However, if you are thinking of creating a raised pond, we think the best option is to use sleepers lined with plastic or geo-fabric.
3. If you're creating a surface-level pond, dig out the desired area to the correct depth. You can use Scalpings to fill in any gaps after you've added your pond.
4. Once you have dug to your desired depth, you are ready to add in the water! You can also purchase solar-powered water pumps to have a constant flow of water in your pond; go the extra and add in a small water fountain to make the pond extra fancy.
5. Lastly, you can start decorating around your pond using the 20mm Green Slate. As we have mentioned before, adding other smaller stones along with the Slates in your pond will make it look more natural and authentic. As a finishing touch, you can even add some aquatic plants to make your pond seem like it really is a part of the garden.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our Decorative Stones being a naturally-sourced product, there will always be some variation from batch to batch, especially in terms of colour. On occasion, your garden stones may be very dusty; we recommend hosing your new stones down to wash them and reveal their true colour.
Buy With Confidence
- Our 20mm Green Slate can be purchased in 20kg maxi bags or bulk bags that weigh approx. 850kg
- Not sure how much you need? Use our quantity calculator and enter your garden width and length to find out how many maxi bags/bulk bags you need!
- Please select the bag size you'd like to buy and add it to your basket
- Our aggregates will either arrive on a HIAB lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose a free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Sample stones are available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.
A Delivery Service Tailored to You
You don't need to be there for delivery; if you're happy to do so, our delivery drivers can deliver bulk bags to your front garden or drive without a signature.
Alternatively, our experienced drivers can operate their lorries to deliver bulk bags over fences at the front, side or back of your property, you will need to be present for this delivery type.
If you're delivery location is classed as a national delivery, your order will arrive via a third party courier on a pallet through kerbside delivery. To find out if you're in our local or national delivery area, click here.
Please let us know if there are any access difficulties to your road or property. If your property has very tight access and we need to use a small lorry, a surcharge will apply.
Any questions? Use our live chat to speak to an advisor, alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01202 874207.