40mm Green Slate
Our Green Slate for gardens is a very popular product within our vast decorative stone range. Although it's labelled as Green Slate, in reality, this naturally-quarried garden stone is a lovely grey/green colour that consists of varying shades of grey, silver and green. This rustic slate stone is flat in shape with an angular finish.
Quarried in North Wales, this popular decorative stone measures 40mm on average, making it the perfect addition to any landscape, giving it a natural yet enhanced look. The colours look best when wet to really see the depth of all the colours. It is also fish-friendly, making it ideal as a pond addition. This product has been recycled and is lime free.
40mm Green Slate Features
- Great for garden borders or features
- Best-seller for years
40mm Green Slate for Your Garden
Green Slate decorative stones are the perfect addition to a garden that is looking for something to give it that finishing touch as well as a natural feel to it.
Due to it's slightly larger size, Green Slate is best used as a decorative feature, as opposed to using it for practical uses such as a pathway or a driveway. A popular feature people go for is surrounding hard landscaping features, such as garden paving or grass areas.
Green Slate is also very effective when placed in your front garden. Many people don't have time to tend to their front garden, so are just looking for something that is low maintenance that looks nice when guests arrive. For that reason, Green Slate can be placed on top of Weed Fabric in an area in the front garden that just gets looked at. You could also use it as a border around the front or sides of your house.
40mm Green Slate for a Garden Pond
If you're in the fortunate position of having a garden pond to admire, Green Slate makes the perfect decoration for it! The green/silver colours of Green Slate are best admired when the stones are wet, therefore, many people place these Slate stones just around the outside of the pond, as well as just under the water.
With this natural stone being completely lime free, it makes it perfectly safe to place in a garden pond that is also inhabited by fish and other animals. These could act as steps for certain creatures like frogs, and create a multi-layered pond.
How to Buy 40mm, Green Slate
Available Pack Sizes
20kg maxi bags
850kg bulk bags (approx weight)
You can use our Stone Calculator to work out how much of this stone you need - simply enter the measurements of your garden, the depth at which you want to lay the stone and it will work out how much you need!
How to Create a Garden Pond
Whether you're looking to create a modern, sleek garden pond that sits in the middle of your garden and is very minimal with decoration, or you want a completely natural-looking pond to encourage a host of wildlife to your garden, we have created a handy guide for you to follow if you're up for the challenge of creating your very own garden pond! It's a lot cheaper and easier than you may think, read on to find out more!
1. The first step is to plan where in the garden you want to place your pond. Before you make your mind up, think about the following points; what would be the best place? We would suggest avoiding putting your pond under trees, as you'll be constantly ridding it of all the falling leaves which can be a pain to do and contaminate your pond water. Somewhere that gets a fair amount of shade and a little bit of sunlight would make an ideal pond placement, so the water doesn't get too warm.
2. Next, decide on the size you want your pond to be, and where you're going to buy it from. If you want a ground-level pond, you can buy plastic ponds from your local garden centre. If this is the case, mark the desired area with spray paint to ensure it is the desired size. If you're looking at creating a raised pond, you could either use retaining Sleepers lined with a plastic sheet or even upcycle an old washing basket!
3. If you're creating a ground-level pond, dig out the desired area to the correct depth. You can use Scalpings to fill in any gaps after you've added your pond.
4. This is the fun part where you can add your water! People have also bought water pumps that are solar-powered to create more of a water feature; you can even add a small water fountain to give it the wow factor!
5. Lastly, consider the look that you want your pond to have. If you like the idea of a natural rockery pond, purchase larger Rockery stones with additional, smaller stones like Green Slate. Take a look at some water plants from your local garden centre, and make your pond look exactly as you want!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our Decorative Stones being a naturally-sourced product, there will always be some variation from batch to batch, especially in terms of colour. On occasion, your garden stones may be very dusty; we recommend hosing your new stones down to wash them and reveal their true colour.
Best Garden Ideas
Want to imagine what your dream garden could look like? With our online Garden Visualiser, now you can! You can take a photo of your garden or use one of our templates to then add 40mm Green Slate and get an idea of what it would look like!
Buy With Confidence
- Our 40mm Green Slate can be purchased in 20kg maxi bags or bulk bags that weigh approx. 850kg
- Not sure how much you need? Use our quantity calculator and enter your garden width and length to find out how many maxi bags/bulk bags you need!
- Please select the bag size you'd like to buy and add it to your basket
- Our aggregates will either arrive on a HIAB lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose a free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Sample stones are available in-store and online, please ask a customer advisor.
A Delivery Service Tailored to You
Our top-rated delivery service is flexible and reliable to suit you, however, it can cary depending on where you live. Click here for more information on our delivery service and if your postcode is classed as 'local' or 'national.'
Any questions? Use our live chat to speak to an advisor, alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01202 874207.
Weedcheck Ultra Heavy Duty Weed Control Membrane, All Sizes