Golden Fossil Sandstone Cobble Setts
We are proud to be one of the South's largest garden paving suppliers, supplying Porcelain Paving, Sandstone Paving, Cobble Setts, Stone Walling and more to both retail customers and the Trade. Cobble Setts are calibrated to ensure a consistent size and even finish, and are a very popular range for your garden.
Fossil Cobble Setts are one of our most popular ranges for a whole host of reasons. A particular characteristic of this stone that customers really enjoy is the fern fossils found in some stones; every single Cobble Sett is completely unique with exquisite patterns in each one.
The colour of Fossil can largely vary, making it best placed somewhere that has no exact colour scheme. As its name suggests, the predominant colour is a beautiful gold, with some of the stones being white, beige or a tan brown. These natural colours tend to blend in with all surroundings, making it an easy choice for any pathway or patio area.
To complement our paving range, there are many colour varieties of matching Cobble Setts available. These make a great feature within your patio and an attractive border.
Sandstone Cobble Setts for Edging
One of the most common uses of Natural Stone Cobble Setts are edging garden features within a landscape. If you have a large area of Turf Grass or Artificial Grass, why not consider adding the finishing touch of Stone edging as a border? Many people use Cobble Setts to also divide features as a striking feature too.
The most popular use of Sandstone Cobble Setts, though, are to use them as an edging border for their corresponding Sandstone Paving Slabs. Fossil Sandstone Paving is one of our best-selling ranges of Natural Stone Paving, and with the matching Cobble Setts being used as a border around it, it looks really impressive!
Sandstone Cobble Setts as a Small Garden Patio
Some people really enjoy using Cobble Setts to replicate the sort of quirky, cobbled courtyards you find at cafes and old manor houses; this certainly makes for a unique garden patio that is great for adding a table and some chairs for authentic al fresco dining.
Using Cobble Setts as your garden paving has many benefits; one being that you have much more flexibility on the size and shape that you want it to be, due to the small sizes of the Paving Setts. If you want to be different and create a curve in your garden paving, Cobble Setts make it much easier to do that.
Available in Sizes
100mm x 100mm x 22mm
150mm x 150mm x 22mm
100mm x 200mm x 22mm
Please note: If you wish to buy our Cobble Setts individually please call 01202 874207 for all quantities.
Please note: 90 100x100mm Cobble Setts cover approx. 1 square metre (with a 10mm joint). Please call us on 01202 874207 for any further enquiries.
How to Install Cobble Setts
Installing Cobble Setts in your garden is a slightly easier job than installing standard natural stone paving slabs; one reason being that they are much smaller in size and therefore much lighter in weight, so easier to handle. Also, if you're installing Cobble Setts as edging around a larger patio, it can be a quick and easy job for the experienced DIYer.
What You'll Need
- Type 1 Limestone (or a similar Aggregate as a sub-base)
- Quality Rake
- Building Sand
- Jointing Compound
- Rubber Mallet
1. Once you've decided where your Cobble Setts are going, clear the area at a depth of around 150mm; clearing away any weeds and debris and ensuring the ground is dry and level.
2. Use Type 1 Limestone as your sub-base, laying it at least 50mm and ensuring it is level and evenly spread
3. (Optional) Use a Wacker Plate to compact the aggregate down which ensures a completely solid base
4. Mix your cement together until the consistency resembles a slurry; start spreading across your aggregate layer liberally, working small area by area
5. Place the Cobble Setts down where you'd like them to go, using a rubber mallet to press them into place. Ensure you leave a gap of at least 20mm between the Setts.
6. Once the Cobble Setts have been laid, you can start preparing your grout, and joining the stones together.
7. Depending on the grout you have used, this can take around 6 hours to fully set, so if rain is due that day, try and cover it with tarpaulin if you can.
Buy With Confidence
- Our cobble setts can be purchased per cobble sett individual piece.
- Please enter the number of cobble sett pieces you require.
- Our Cobble Setts will be delivered in crates which can be easily placed into a van or into a garden using a hiab lorry.
- You can choose a free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers punctual delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run establishment that has been well-loved since 1998
- Our insightful customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a wide range of affordable garden supplies
Sample slabs are available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.
Related Blog Article
5 Low Maintenance Landscaping Ideas
Here at Stone Zone, we understand that not all of us have the time or patience to con …