Yellow Balau Hardwood Decking
At the Stone Zone, Composite Decking makes up the majority of our vast Garden Decking range, however, we have one range of traditional, hardwood decking available for those customers who like the idea of a traditional, real wooden garden deck.
EcoChoice, a sustainable manufacturer that create high quality, hard wearing decking, are proud to offer a wide range of hardwood timber decking that are ideal for many uses.
Their FSC® 100% certified hardwood timber decking is a naturally beautiful material; consisting of a warm, tan brown colour. For best results, we recommend using Decking Oil to preserve the colour. This warm brown decking would make the perfect addition in any garden, big or small. It can also be stained or painted if you'd like to colour match a different colour.
As well as it looking great in your garden, it is also strong and durable; perfect as a large deck that will have guests standing on it or sitting on garden furniture. Our Yellow Balau Decking is made from Massaranduba wood which is a tropical hardwood with natural anti-slip properties and tightly grained wood, making this a very hard-wearing option.
While our Composite Decking is the lower maintenance decking option, our Balau Decking is chemical-free and therefore requires minimal care. This decking product is also kiln-dried, complete with waxed ends which prevents the splitting of wood over time.
As well as all the above benefits, this Yellow Natural Wood Decking is also an environmentally friendly option; as it is renewable and recyclable wood. The FSC Certification also means it is sustainably-sourced, ensuring the long-term survival of the forests that they come from.
This decking has reversible sides; one grooved side for a contemporary, sleek look and one natural, smooth side for a completely natural, subtle deck.
Why choose Hardwood Balau Decking?
- Beautiful Appearance
- Low Maintenance
- Long-Lasting Wood
2.44m x 145mm x 21mm
3.05m x 145mm x 21mm
3.35m x 145mm x 21mm
3.95m x 145mm x 21mm
PLEASE NOTE: Fixings aren't included, please contact us for recommended screw sizes.
Hardwood Decking for Your Garden
If you're wanting a completely natural, timber decking for your garden, look no further than our Yellow Balau Decking! Made from high quality Massaranduba wood found in tropical locations, its naturally-hard wearing properties are highly resistant to all weather elements, meaning it doesn't easily warp or bend.
The natural colour itself is something to be admired; the almost golden-yellow colour of this decking really sets off any landscape. To enhance the colour and ensure it stays looking as good as new, we recommend using Decking oil throughout the year.
As well as already looking amazing, this versatile garden decking can be stained or painted any colour you like; if you ever get board of looking at the same colour, you've got the option to simply paint it with another colour to keep your garden looking modern and fresh.
Due to this high quality wood being tightly grained; it obtains naturally slip-free properties which make it safer to walk on once it has been raining. It also gives you peace of mind when it comes to small children and pets walking across, or crawling across the deck.
Top Tips for a Long-Lasting Deck
- One easy way of maintaining the colour and look of you deck is simply sweeping it and cleaning it every few weeks. This includes general things such as sweeping any debris such as leaves and twigs from your deck, to ensure they don't create stains or marks on them. This also means dirt, pollen and grime won't build up, which can potentially erode the paint over time.
- For the ultimate decking maintenance, we would recommend jet-washing your garden decking every six months or so, and especially in Autumn after the Summer has ended, and in Spring once the Winter has come to and end. You'll be amazed at how much can collect on the surface of your decking, and how new it will look once it's been jet-washed!
- One thing to bare in mind is where you're placing your decking. If you have over hanging trees in your garden, you may not want to place it directly underneath, at the risk of lots of leaves and twigs falling onto it and ruining the look over time, also adding to the general maintenance of it.
- Once a year, it's worth sanding down your decking to ensure any grime or dirt that has built up is completely removed from your deck. Once you've done this, you could add another coat of paint to keep your decking looking as bright as it always has, ensuring that you seal the paint once it has cured.
- Unfortunately, as with many garden features that are exposed to the elements, there is a life span on natural wood decking. Every year or so, looking out for any areas of cracking or rotting in the decking boards so you can action it as soon as possible.
Buy With Confidence
- Our Decking can be purchased per decking board
- Please enter the amount of decking boards you need, or call our team on 01202 874207 for help
- Our decking boards are very long and will need substantial space when being delivered to site
- You can choose free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Example decking samples are available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.