Want to spread the cost? Check out our Finance Options here!
Woodland Mulch is one of Stone Zone’s best-selling products and we can understand why. Derived from finely shredded tree waste, our Woodland Mulch contains a mixture of soft and hardwood. With a pH level ranging from 6.3 to 7.5, they are ideal for flowers and for suppressing weed growth.
If you want another option, we also have Amenity Bark Mulch that you can purchase.
Woodland Mulch Features
- Suppresses weed growth
- Animal friendly
- Perfect for plant beds
- Great insulation for plants
When to Use Woodland Mulch
For the best results, you should apply your Woodland Mulch during springtime and autumn. Springtime usually means that weeds and other herbaceous plants have not yet germinated, and Autumn is appropriate because most plants have started to wither away.
Our Mulch is safe and appropriate to use on new plants or even established plants that you may already have. In both cases, using mulch will be beneficial because they are can help keep both weeds and moisture away.
How to Apply Mulch
- Check and remove any weeds from the soil
- Lay mulch over moist soil
- Over time the mulch will decompose and work as nutrients for the plants you laid them under
Benefits of Using Mulch in Your Garden
Extends plant life
Our Woodland Mulch is excellent for elongating your plant’s life significantly because of all the nutrients they are able to provide. What is amazing about mulch is that over time, as they decompose, they continue to provide nutrients to your plants that will keep them healthy for months to come. A lovely garden design
Reduces water usage
If you are looking to reduce water usage and save some money, our Woodland Mulch is the ideal garden product. Organic mulches have the ability to retain moisture for a very long time, which in turn means that you have to spend less time and water ensuring your plants are hydrated. This means you can save some much-needed money on your water bill and a lot of time and effort maintaining your plants.
As mentioned previously, Woodland Mulch is great for water retention, so not only does it help with keeping your plants hydrated, but they are also very useful if your locality is prone to flooding. Mulches are able to soak in a lot of water, and therefore it is a useful material to hinder flood damage even just a little bit.
Helps prevent weeds
Nothing is more annoying than a lovely garden filled with weeds. One of the best qualities of Mulches is that they are a great, natural way to prevent weed growth. All you need to do is to make sure that you thoroughly de-weed the area you are going to put the mulch in and then you will notice that no weeds will sprout out from those areas. Mulches are a great, natural alternative to using chemical weed repellents in your garden.
However, if you are looking for an alternative way to prevent weeds from growing in your garden, you may want to consider our Weed Membranes and install some in the sub-layer for added protection. We have the Weedcheck Weed Control Membrane and the Weedcheck Ultra Heavy Duty Weed Control Membrane. Click here to view our entire range.
Great insulator for soil temperature
Our Woodland Mulch will be beneficial to you all year round. They are a great tool to use to moderate your soil temperature all year round. During summer months they are able to take in and keep moisture in that is essential to hydrate your plants, and inversely during the colder season, they are able to work as a good insulator to ensure your plants don’t freeze
How to Buy Woodland Mulch
0.6m³ bulk bags
If you'd like to purchase large quantities of Woodland Mulch, or you require a loose, tipped load, we can provide quotes per tonne. Please call 01202 874207 for any related queries.
• Bulk Density: 250g – 350g/litre
• Moisture Content: 42.4% m/m 119g/litre
• Dry Matter: 57.6% m/m 161g/litre
• Organic Matter: (as a loss on ignition) 54.8% of the dry matter
• Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio: 72.6:1
• pH: 6.3-7.5
• Electrical Conductivity: 250 μS/cm. substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens. Potentially Toxic Elements: Within acceptable limits
Buy With Confidence
- Our Woodland Mulch can be purchased in 0.6m³ bulk bags.
- Please select the bag size you'd like to buy and add it to your basket
- Our aggregates will either arrive on a hiab lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose a free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Sample stones are also available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.
A Delivery Service Tailored to You
Our top-rated delivery service is reliable and flexible to suit you, however, it can vary depending on where you live. Click here for more information on our delivery service and if your postcode is classed as 'local' or 'national.'
Any questions? Use our live chat to speak to an advisor, alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01202 874207.