Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil
Our Wessex blend of Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil is freshly blended and created specifically for the fast root establishment of grass seed. This is sandy soil which is very easy to work with and spread across large areas, for the best chances of growing fresh grass.
Our Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil is part of our Eco-Friendly. It has been labelled as such because the development of this Seeding Soil does not have a high carbon footprint due to it being locally produced and not having to be transported very far.
What our Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil is great for
This prevalent Seeding Soil is renowned for enhancing root establishment. It is quite sandy in texture, making spreading it across larger areas easier, enabling you to get durable, strong grass.
This Seeding Soil also adds natural, organic nutrients to your garden which are imperative for plants and flowers to grow strong and healthy. Our Wessex® Seeding Soil helps release its nutrients slowly to be more effective and is a suitable and environmentally friendly option for gardening.
Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil also aid in improving the soil quality structure & fertility for regularly planting trees and shrubs, therefore making it a great option if you are looking to cultivate a healthy garden.
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 7.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen
- Bulk Density: 500 – 600 g/litre
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter
- PH: 7.5 – 8.5
- Electrical Conductivity: 400µS/cm
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: Within acceptable limits (“Heavy Metals”)
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol
What is PAS 100 Compost?
PAS 100 Green Compost is what makes up a large portion of our Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil. This compost is present in all of our Wessex Soils, just in different quantities.
You can rest assured that this PAS 100 Green Soil is completely recycled through unused soil procured from gardeners and landscapers. The process then involves a lot of thorough screening and mixing, which all take place on the same site in Dorset.
The entire Wessex Soils range is peat free, therefore we can guarantee that you are getting some of the best soils in the market, perfect for domestic gardens and public parks and more.
The Publicly Available Specification that it has been awarded, is a widely recognised compost quality standard within the organics recycling sector.
To ensure the soil is at a high standard, PAS is set by the British Standards Institution which requires producers to establish a top-quality production policy.
This product status is given in recognition of non-hazardous waste that contains biodegradable materials only, making it safe to use in both domestic and commercial settings.
What does BS3882 mean?
The British Standard 3882 certification for topsoil has been invented to ensure a consistent level of top performance; a standard set out by the British Standards Institute. This standard is the updated version of the 1994 originally set out.
BS3882 is measured on three components: Soil Structure and Classification, Free-from Contamination and Fertility. BS3882 topsoil suppliers are also able to provide results of the soil analysis which includes the origin of the soil, the contamination parameters and written confirmation that the soil complies with the standard BS3882:2007.
All of the Stone Zone & Landscaping Centre's soil contains BS3882 Soil for multi-purpose use, ideal for all gardening and landscaping applications.
How to Buy Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil
This soil can be collected for free at one of our depots in Wimborne, Bournemouth or Dorchester, or our garden soils can be delivered nationally to anywhere in the UK. We also offer samples of our soil in-store.
You can use our Soil Calculator to work out how much of this soil you need - simply enter the measurements of your garden, the depth at which you want to lay the stone and it will work out how much you need!
Available Pack Sizes
850kg bulk bags (contains approx. 0.6m3)
We can also deliver our soils as loose, tipped loads, as opposed to being in bags. Please call our friendly team on 01202 874207 if you require this service.
PLEASE NOTE: While every effort has been made to ensure our soils are free from contamination; there is always the chance that there may be small pieces of debris present. Please ensure you handle the soil with care when using it.
Buy With Confidence
- Our Wessex® Lawn & Turf Seeding Soil can be purchased in bulk bags that weigh approx. 850kg or as loose tonnes
- Not sure how much you need? Use our quantity calculator and enter your garden width and length to find out how many maxi bags/bulk bags you need!
- Please select the bag size you'd like to buy and add to your basket
- Our Soils & Mulches will either arrive on a hiab lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Sample Soil is available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.
A Delivery Service you can Rely on
You don't need to be there for delivery; if you're happy to do so, our delivery drivers can deliver bulk bags to your front garden without a signature.
Alternatively, our experienced drivers can operate their lorries to deliver bulk bags over fences at the front, side or back of your property, you will need to be present for this delivery type.
Please let us know if there are any access difficulties to your road or property. If your property has very tight access and we need to use a small lorry, a surcharge of £30 + vat will apply.
Any questions? Use our live chat to speak to an advisor, alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01202 874207.