Want to spread the cost? Check out our Finance Options here!
20mm Plum Slate
As one of our best-selling decorative garden stones, Plum Slate, also known as Purple Slate, makes for a beautiful garden feature at the front or the back of your home. Consisting of plum and lilac tones, this attractive garden slate looks even prettier when wet; turning the stones into a deep burgundy colour.
Quarried in North Wales, this popular, rustic slate is flat with an angular finish. The slate pieces measure an average of 20mm, making them good options for pathways. Plum Slate is also lime-free, making it fish-friendly, and an ideal pond addition.
20mm Plum Slate Features
- Suitable for pathways and garden borders
- Great for decorating walkways and raised plant beds
- Vivid purple coloured stones
- Fish friendly
20mm Plum Slate for Your Garden
Whether you want to decorate your front garden or back garden, Plum Slate will instantly make your landscape look bright and attractive. The most popular use of Plum Slate is creating a border around your house, to separate your home from your hard landscaping area. This will also then aid drainage from surrounding drains by allowing water through.
As well as adding it as a garden border, you could also use it to decorate your plant beds. By scattering some of this pretty stone across your plants, you are making your garden look stunning, as well as protecting your plants from both the hot sun and any heavy rain.
20mm Plum Slate for Your Garden Pond
Plum Slate is lime-free, which makes these natural stones safe to use in garden ponds. Many people have bought Plum Slate with the intention of adding them to their garden pond to create a natural-looking landscape and offer more surfaces for their wildlife.
As well as making your garden pond look more natural, it also adds a pop of colour to make it stand out in your garden. We also have matching Plum Slate Rockery that you could pair your Plum Slate with, to create more of a rockery water feature that will really look the part.
How to Buy 20mm Plum Slate
20kg maxi bags
850kg Bulk Bags (weight is approx)
You can use our Stone Calculator to work out how much of this stone you need - simply enter the measurements of your garden, and the depth at which you want to lay the stone and it will work out how much you need!
How to Create a Garden Pond
The trend for garden ponds is on the rise. Some people like to have a neat and tidy pond in their garden, which might feature garden paving surrounding it. Other people have started creating wild parts of their gardens with more natural ponds within them to encourage wildlife. If you're up for the challenge of adding your own pond in your garden, read our how-to guide below for the best tips and tricks!
1. Step one is planning where you want your pond to go. There are a few things to consider; where is the best place? We would recommend avoiding placing your pond under trees, as you'll be constantly ridding it of all the falling leaves which can make your water very dirty! We would also recommend somewhere that gets a fair amount of shade, so birds can use your pond to cool down in the summer.
2. The next step is working out the size you want your pond to be, and where you're going to source your pond from. If you want a ground-level pond, you can buy plastic ponds from your local garden centre. If this is the case, mark the desired area with spray paint to ensure it matches the size. If you're looking at creating a raised pond, you could either use retaining Sleepers lined with a plastic sheet or even upcycle an old tyre!
3. If you're creating a ground-level pond, dig out the desired area to the correct depth. You can use Scalpings to fill in any gaps after you've added your pond.
4. This is the fun part where you can add your water! People have also bought water pumps that are solar-powered to create more of a water feature; you can even add a small water fountain to give it the wow factor!
5. Lastly, think about how you'd like to decorate it. If you want it to look like a natural rockery pond, start with the larger Rockery stones and then move on to small stones like Plum Slate. Purchase some water plants from your local garden centre, and you have yourself a beautiful pond!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our Decorative Stones being a naturally-sourced product, there will always be some variation from batch to batch, especially in terms of colour. On occasion, your garden stones may be very dusty; we recommend hosing your new stones down to wash them and reveal their true colour.
Visualise Decorative Stones in Your Garden
If you want to visualise our 20mm Plum Slate in your garden, use our free, online Garden Visualiser tool!
This allows you to see our Porcelain Paving, Sandstone Paving, Composite Decking and Decorative Stones in your garden - simply upload a photo of your garden or use an example garden.
Spread the Cost of Your Decorative Stones
Do you want to refresh your garden with Decorative Stones but are worried about the large investment? Why not check out our Finance Options?
We are partnered with Ideal4Finance, offering our customers interest-free finance (subject to status) as well as many different repayment time frames varying from 12 months to 10 years!
Buy With Confidence
- Our 20mm Plum Slate can be purchased in 20kg maxi bags or bulk bags that weigh approx. 850kg
- Not sure how much you need? Use our quantity calculator and enter your garden width and length to find out how many maxi bags/bulk bags you need!
- Please select the bag size you'd like to buy and add to your basket
- Our aggregates will either arrive on a hiab lorry that can be used to lift the stone onto your garden, or it will arrive on a pallet for kerbside delivery; depending on your address
- You can choose free collection from one of our Depots or fuss-free, home delivery.
A Service You Can Rely On
- Our reliable service offers prompt delivery to any area in the UK
- Stone Zone is a family-run business that has been well-established since 1998
- Our efficient customer advisors can help you with your purchase
- We pride ourselves on offering a range of affordable garden supplies
Sample stones are available in-store, please ask a customer advisor.
A Delivery Service Tailored to You
You don't need to be there for delivery; if you're happy to do so, our delivery drivers can deliver bulk bags to your front garden or drive without a signature.
Alternatively, our experienced drivers can operate their lorries to deliver bulk bags over fences at the front, side or back of your property, you will need to be present for this delivery type.
If you're delivery location is classed as a national delivery, your order will arrive via a third party courier on a pallet through kerbside delivery. To find out if you're in our local or national delivery area, click here.
Please let us know if there are any access difficulties to your road or property. If your property has very tight access and we need to use a small lorry, a surcharge will apply.
Any questions? Use our live chat to speak to an advisor, alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01202 874207.
Weedcheck Ultra Heavy Duty Weed Control Membrane, All Sizes